Tuesday, May 8, 2007

FO! - Stormy Socks, Senior

I thought I had better update the blog and maybe throw in a couple photos or risk losing my reader. (Hi, Caitlin!) After many arguments with iPhoto (which I am still not sure if I won), I present to you... Stormy Socks, Senior...




See how they *almost* match? That's because of Stormy Stripes, Junior. Had to get creative with the toes there.

Yarn: Moda Dea Sassy Stripes in colorway "Stormy"
Fiber: 100% acrylic (and proud of it! Machine wash and dry, and they are so soft!)
Needles: 4 steel dpns, unknown maker and size (falls between a US 1 and a US 2 on my sizer; purchased from yard sale before I started knitting)
Pattern: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Basic Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules
Started: Early April
Finished: April 30 (and I think I can finish my first lace socks by Friday night???)
Learned: Don't make toddler/kid socks first if I plan on using the yarn for adult socks (duh).

If I can get iPhoto to stop eating my albums, I will post pictures of some of the other FOs floating around here.

2 comments:

Khadijha Caitlin said...

I love the Stormy Socks!The colors are great! You have to give me some sock tips!!!!

teabird said...

I like those socks, too. All of you sock knitters give me hope...