Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Decisions, Decisions...

Sock Pal info is available at Sockapalooza 4! I am so excited! I can't give too many details about my sock pal here (duh), but I think they matched us up by foot size...

I am pretty sure that I am going to try lace socks from a Barbara Walker pattern. I have it narrowed down to four patterns (does four patterns count as "narrowed down?):

Razor Shell (BW1, p 206)
Horseshoe (BW1, p209)
Vine Stripe (BW2, p272)
Flame Chevron (BW2, p276)

Wow, a quick search shows none of those are available at The Treasury site. Maybe I can photograph some of my swatches for there. I'd love to be able to contribute to the project.

Anyway, first I get to practice on some socks for my mom. Mom lives in Hawaii, and will be coming for a visit in a couple weeks. I already have Knit Picks Dancing in "Hula" (see earlier post). I found another BW lace called "Palm Leaf Chevron" (BW2, p277) that will be perfect. Palms = Tropics = Hawaii, plus the pattern makes little hearts if you look at it upside down. Isn't that just oh-so sweet?

And practice I will need, since (A) I have never knit lace socks before, (B) I have never knit lace before, and (C) therefore, I have no idea how the repeats work when knitting in the round.

FO Alert! Stay tuned to this blog for upcoming photos of FOs! The Stormy Socks, Sr. are complete! I also finished knitting the I-cord Snake last night (like at 3:30 a.m., sheesh), and he is on schedule to be felted today.

No comments: