Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Look, Ma, No Cat Pictures!

Wow, a post without Cheezburger. Amazing.

Just a quick update. Today is supposed to be my catch-up-from-vacation-before-diving-back-into-the-ol-routine day, but I am sidelined by feeling generally cruddy and hoping it's not the start of the flu.

Vacation was great. Go to Sea World because it is awesome. (Why does Sea World, of all places, give out plastic bags with purchases?)

While we were gone, my right thumb started acting up. I was hit by a drunk driver almost 3.5 years ago. I was laying on the horn with my thumb when he hit me and the airbag went off, wrenching my thumb back. The ER doc said it was fine (so why did it hurt like crazy?) but I have wondered about that diagnosis ever since, as it tends to ache terribly from time to time. This time the ache is worse and doesn't seem to be going away, despite a 2-3 day break from knitting. So I don't know what to do next. Looks like a pricey office visit and more X-rays, just for starters.

That said, I worked on some things:

Lacy Diamante socks - finished the gusset of the instep, forgot how to do the wrap & turn, so those are on break until I have time to look it up again.

Miss Marple scarf - started the scarf with the new yarn (Schaefer's Anne - sock weight). The sock weight is a bit lighter than I want. I think I want a sport/DK weight. So this is on hiatis until I get the other yarn. Thinking Louet Gems, which is what I wanted in the first place! Also on hiatus until I can knit without agony.

Started a pair of socks for my daughter in Moda Dea Sassy Stripes - the red/purple/grey one. One sock done, second one cast on. These knit up so fast: thick yarn + small socks = quick knit.

The baby who needs a quilt was born last Thursday - a little boy! So, is purple too girlish for a boy? It would only be a little bit of purple.

Also while we were gone, some family stuff came up. I will post about it more when I can do it justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Glad your vacation went well. That is weird about Seaworld using plastic bags. Not exactly eco (land OR ocean) friendly.

Sorry to hear about your thumb. Unfortunately Drs. are wrong sometimes, as I know from experience, which can complicate the future.

Can't wait to see photos of your projects :)

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Oh yuck! I too suffer - but from a epideral gone wrong. I hate it when doctors tell you every things all right and you know its not.
I'm pulling for ya!